Thursday 16 February 2012

Tell it like it is

The focus at yoga school today was on truth and non - violence. It was a pretty confronting session, as it made me realise how violent I can be towards myself, in terms of pushing my physical and mental body. With truth comes confrontation, as we look within. For me, this meant honouring the truth of my dreams. One of these being writing, the other dancing. These are really two of a few, but they are two pretty big ones in terms of my creative self.
Let's face it, we all have untapped creativity. We are all creative beings. So hopefully my experiences will inspire others..
I recently took on some extra casual work to make ends meet when I wasn't teaching. However, the cost to myself was greater than the money I'd earned. In yogic terms, old habits or patterns are called samskaras. A few groggy days into my work, I felt disconnected. I'd been here before and what was the end result? Departure before further disintegration of self. I obviously had to learn the lesson properly, so the universe gave me the opportunity to do so.
Speaking truthfully, I had to develop trust to 'feel the fear and do it anyway'. Don't get me wrong, we all need to earn extra money at times and different things are appropriate for different people.
But my lack of trust and aura of fear was keeping me trapped in a scene from 'Groundhog Day'. 
In the silence, pearls are found. The more I step away from running around and detach myself from fear, the more I feel I am coming into my own and having faith in myself.
So rather than reaching for the phone for casual work, I am choosing to reach for my laptop and my ballet shoes. I am choosing to save my money creatively - lying on the grass with a home made tea, having an early night and waking up to bird song.
The truth sets you free, whereas the mask keeps you hidden from the world. We all have been blessed with the power of choice. As the tag in 'Trainspotting' reads, 'Choose Life'. Goodnight and Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment