Sunday 19 February 2012

Rainy days and Mondays

...Don't always get me down. Thankyou, however, to The Carpenters for providing me with the inspiration for a title. This rainy day Monday was one of going within. I embraced the rain by embracing my recipes. I whipped up cookies for a friend's birthday, roasted stuffed capsicums and baked lunch for my yogi crew. Phew!
The beautiful thing about having a rainy day is the opportunity to do this. And I love giving through food. It has also taught me to really relish the food that I put in front of me. A roast capsicum with warm fetta, cherry tomatoes and basil is heavenly.  Slow food and beautiful kitchen smells. Ironically, now that I am more interested in cooking, I am less concerned about weight loss. Food becomes about mindfulness and the weight balance takes care of itself.
You don't have to eat everything in front of you, nor do you need to wolf it all down - and I've definitely been there. I've now got an appreciation for good food and good company..the wine is on hold for now until I finish training. Our bodies have an inner wisdom. We can listen to this by taking some time for silence. I baked and stirred to the sounds of the rainfall today, rather than the radio.
Rainfall and roast tomatoes..priceless x

No comments:

Post a Comment