Tuesday 14 February 2012

A new leaf..Intro

As we are coming into autumn, there is a sense of change hanging off the leaves that are beginning to fall to the ground. This blog is going to chart my journey as a rookie yoga teacher. For the uninitiated, prana refers to the energy within us - in simple terms. For me, it means our sense of personal power. The inspiration behind the title for my blog comes from the passion within us all, which can take away our prana or enhance it. Unlocking our prana can also lead to unlocking our most passionate, soul satisfying dreams. 
Unbeknownst to myself at the time, one of my dreams was to inspire and bless the world with the gifts of yoga. It is such a gift that never stops giving back. Last night after my gym yoga; a class which I have only taught five times so far, two ladies told me that they are now having restful sleep.
I can totally relate to the pain of insomnia. The stress caused by my life choices in the past literally sucked away at my prana channels. So what I am learning at the moment, through my teaching particularly, is the transformative potential held in our lungs. Breathe out and let go of old habits. Be like the leaves you see falling from the trees, float away from the familiar and embrace where the wind takes you next. Yours in breathing, Rookie Yogi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment