Saturday 21 April 2012

Uncensored

One of my favourite writer's Nicki Gemmel refers to writing as the natural inclination for the super sensitive beings of the world. That box is well and truly ticked for me. But I love it. I love that thinking about my grandma on this International Women's Day brings a tear to my eye. And its not something I hide from..let it go. The leaves do..they are fully aware that its autumn, nature is metaphorically encouraging us to let go. A beautiful theatre teacher (thanks Jamie..looking forward to seeing you on the big screen soon) reminded us to not wipe these tears away. They are human, they are real.
Tapasya and swadyaya were the niyamas set for study this week just gone. The first being about stepping out of your comfort zone, so that you continue to move forward in life. One of my most primal fears is death by drowning. However, the ocean is so amazing to me that I'm determined to have it as my playground for a really long time. So being in the country at the moment, I booked an ocean holiday to tie in with my sister's wedding. Tapasya goes hand in hand with self study or swadyaya, as going within brings us answers to our questions. My self study, often in the form of journalling, has allowed me to be reminded of the things that are important to me.
Write, live and love..do whatever it is that makes you zing. Get out of your own way by letting your dreams create your days.

No comments:

Post a Comment