Saturday 21 April 2012

pretty pennies

'She says that she likes the way that the sun comes in through the kitchen window just before dusk...' You know at times how you feel as if a song has been written just for you..I feel a bit this way about one of my favourite Penny Flanagan songs 'The Calling'. Music has an uncanny quality of being the soundtrack for our lives - this is not an original concept by the way, I think I've coined it from a movie. As I was making my lasagna today, I felt overwhelmed by both sadness and joy in equal measure. It was this song that I felt drawn to. Tears flowing, bechamel sauce brewing; my recovery was in progress.
The penny dropped as I reminded myself that the universe is indeed unfolding as it should be. Upon listening to the birds outside my kitchen window, I was reminded of how simple and special life is.
My yoga mentor gave me a poem that I keep on my bedroom wall.  In a nutshell, it is about honouring our true path and embracing the obstacles that befall us. Those of you that have been following this blog will know that writing is one of my passions that I am pursuing. In the arena of creative pursuits, there is emotional fallout. Rejection does hurt and it takes something to get back on the proverbial horse. But I write, dance and sing because it heals me. It makes life makes sense and clears the cobwebs. And I figure that if I don't try, I won't learn or live.
One of my dear friends always tells me how brave she thinks I am. It's nice to be reminded of these things when you feel far from it. I guess the brunt of it is that a warrior is raised through challenges. According to Lululemon founder, failure in life is an assured by product of high goal setting. So here's to keeping it real, smiling in the face of adversity and singing to your favourite tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment