Wednesday 19 November 2014

About a Boy


So there’s this boy – as there often is in our lives, some despised, others desperately doted upon, they are there. The one I am talking of is a stranger that I got chatting to over a wine barrel – sober mind you – at a local café a few days ago.
Since that spontaneous lunch date, this mysterious man has mysteriously appeared in my travels on two other random occasions. Note to you valued readers, this sort of thing is weird as it never usually happens, even though I do live in a small town. Weirder still: on the more recent occasion, I was pulling into my driveway. So he now knows not only where I live, but also met one of my best mates. Laughing out loud as said best friend and I were both like ‘what the?’ Hollywood eat your heart out right.
Life should be nothing if not amazing. And love in all its fumbles and fantasies should never be something that we shroud in fear. When I approached my friends this evening to entertain them with this story, I also posed the question: is it fate or just merely coincidence? Like in any situation, there exists light and dark, black and white. After having had my heart broken, these last few serendipitous occasions have been like a balm for me.

I am on the side of fate in terms of the question that I posed this evening. Magical rather than mathematical is how I choose to view life. So enjoy your crushes and don’t be afraid to let life be magical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment