Saturday 17 November 2012

Moment o….orgasmic moments


Oh yes. The ‘Oh my God what just happened’ moments that don’t need minties, as they serve to landmark our life.  Wow moments are priceless and found only when we stop…right where we are.  This week was all about aparigraha – the yogic yama that translates as non grasping or clinging. I actually had an experience of this last week when I let go of what I thought my life should look like.  I put many plans in place for 2013 and I wasn’t really sure of what would come back. Between Queensland, Melbourne and Sydney, Sydney was the one that landed in my lap. Grasping as I had been to the idea of continuing my yoga training in Queensland, I was left with the simple fact that the timing was wrong.  
So whilst reminding myself to breathe deeply to keep the panic attacks at bay, I surrendered somewhat. OK, Balmain…change and opportunity in a different way to what I was thinking. Strangely enough however, I had always been drawn to this area. There is a bittersweetness to life. Leichhardt is one of my favourite suburbs whilst at the same time being a graveyard for one of my closest friends.  Funnily enough, I feel it is this friend who will be by my side as I traverse the physical and emotional territory which is part and parcel of moving. He reminded me to laugh and I fondly remember literally feeling as if my sides were going to split at times in his company. Orgasmic moment.
Orgasms are like dreams. They tend to have a better chance of happening if we let go of the reigns, so to speak. And for a recovering control freak like yours truly, it takes persistence. We all have a little voice, guiding us on our journey. For me it is literally a gut feeling. And listening to it at times takes letting go of others’ voices on the subject.
My friends know me well as the one who will take a certain path and continue to second guess it many a time. Trust is scary, but for the most part the reward is worthy.  And so it was that last Friday morning, tired from tearing apart my life plans, my emotional zipper came undone. Aisle eight of my local coles, tears like no tomorrow.  Grateful for the inappropriate attire that is indoor sunglasses, I was able to safely shade my sadness. And looking back having a giggle at what was simply the shedding of a layer. I can choose to always think that the grass is greener somewhere else or I can receive with open arms the opportunities that come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment